Cream of Wheat® Strawberry Scone
- 1 ½ C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. Cream of Wheat® Original 2 ½ Minute
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ C. unsalted cold butter (1 stick), cut into cubes
- ¾ C. buttermilk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 ½ C. sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, Cream of Wheat®, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter until the butter is pea sized.
- With the food processor running, drizzle the buttermilk into the mixture. Add 1 egg yolk and blend.
- Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured table and knead lightly to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out into a square about 1” thick. Spread the sliced strawberries over the dough. Fold the dough over the strawberries and roll back out into a square. Repeat this 2-3 times to fully incorporate the berries into the dough.
- Once the berries are incorporated, roll the dough back out into a square about 1” thick. Using a bench knife, cut the dough into 8 triangles.
- Place the scones on a parchment lined sheet tray 1-2 inches apart. Bruch the tops of the scones with the beaten egg white. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until scones are golden brown.