Cream of Wheat® Banana Muffins
Yield: 12 regular sized muffins
- 1 ½ C. all-purpose flour
- 6 packets Cream of Wheat® Instant Bananas & Cream
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ C. buttermilk
- ¼ C. almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 C. chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, Cream of Wheat®, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, almond butter, and oil until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir to blend.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cups of the muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle over the muffin batter.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.